Are you on twitter? If so, be sure to follow ASCP’s journals in the twitterverse: @AJCPjournal and @LabMedjournal. See you there!
Call for Editor in Chief for American Journal of Clinical Pathology (AJCP)
American Journal for Clinical Pathology is in need of an Editor in Chief.
- The Editor-in-Chief will have responsibility for the overall strategic direction of AJCP, one of ASCP’s most visible and important benefits for all Society members.
- The Editor-in-Chief should have a national and international reputation, with publications in top echelon journals in the field and extensive contacts throughout the pathology community.
- The Editor-in-Chief will have responsibility for actuating the editorial direction of AJCP and proactively soliciting and presenting timely significant research findings relating to both anatomic and clinical pathology.
- This is a volunteer, term-limited, contracted position. A monthly stipend is provided. The work of the Editor-in Chief is reviewed annually.
- The Editor-in-Chief will be expected to devote time daily to AJCP work, totaling approximately 10-15 hours per week.
- The Editor-in-Chief will be expected to travel to major pathology and laboratory medicine meetings to solicit content and authors.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Have a medical degree with a specialization in pathology (boarding in both AP and CP is particularly useful), or a doctorate in a laboratory discipline (eg, clinical chemistry).
- A strong preference will be given to those with clinical experience, combined with research or academic experience.
- Must have experience working with scientific, peer-reviewed journals; as a peer reviewer, and as an editor or editorial board member.
Application Content and Submission
- Submissions will only be accepted prior to 4 July 2018
- Please submit your full CV with “Personal Statement” that explains (in a summary paragraph for each point):
- Your motivation and interest in pursuing this position
- Your previous experience with peer-reviewed publications
- Please prepare and submit a “Vision Statement” that explains (in 2 pages):
- Your vision for the direction of the journal’s future content
- Your view of the journal’s content strengths and weaknesses currently
- Your understanding of the unmet needs for new types of journal content
- A summary of the editorial agenda you would pursue to enact the vision
- Please submit your full CV and statements to: AJCPsearch@ascp.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: /Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran